Who is RAPIDFORCE for?
RAPIDFORCE was developed for people of all activity levels, from professional sports to daily walks on the beach. We want everyone to be able to do the activities they love, exercise to feel good, or compete fiercely with passion without the issue of pain to hold them back.
Is the adhesive latex free?
Yes. The adhesive is an acrylic medical grade adhesive that is hypo-allergenic and latex free. It is a proprietary blend that is strong for the competitive athlete yet gentle enough for daily use. While it is an adhesive that will work for almost everyone, there is a small percentage of people that are allergic to skin adhesives in general. If this is you, we recommend you use the adhesive wipe provided in the package but remove if irritation occurs.
How long will it last on my skin?
We spent four years searching for the right blend in the adhesive that would stick well for the maximum amount of people. Just like in a bell curve, the majority of people should be able to wear the shapes for up to 3-5 days if applied properly. For those with dry skin or in extreme conditions, such as extreme humidity or extreme sweating, apply the adhesive wipe that comes in the packaging prior to applying the shape. This wipe-on adhesive will give you that extra stick to ensure you get the most out of the shape.
What are the Do’s and Don’ts for application?
• Always apply the shape when you are not hot and sweaty
• Wash the skin with soap or use rubbing alcohol to remove oils, moisture and dirt
• Trim or shave hair present for best results (and easier removal!)
• Make sure your skin is completely dry when applying
• Press over the area for about 10-20 seconds to secure the bond to the skin
• Wait 1-2 hours before beginning athletic or fitness activity
• Don’t touch the adhesive before applying to the skin. The shapes have a pre-cut liner to make it easy to avoid contact.
• Once applied, don’t lift off skin and re-apply. Too much dead skin will come up and the adhesive will lose its power.
• When removing, don’t pull fast. Remove slowly or in the shower
Is there a difference in the colors?
There is no difference in performance by color. Currently our shapes come in black and sand. More colors will be added later so tell us what colors you would like to see!
How much do I stretch the shape?
If you are going to be doing High athletic workouts we recommend to pull the shape taut and apply. If you are going to do Medium athletic or fitness workouts or going to be using the shapes for daily support, we recommend to stretch the ‘arms’ of the shape to a half inch (1/2in).
Do I apply it like kinesiology tape?
Our shapes were designed very differently than kinesiology tape or other elastic tapes, therefore they are applied differently. Our shapes work with the point of pain and mimic the muscle structure of the body. Most applications will place the center of the shape over the highest point of pain and stretch the ‘arms’ of the shape out. When we can’t apply directly over the pain, such as general knee pain or another joint, we have recommendations to apply the shape slightly above or below the joint.
Is it available in retail stores?
We sell only on-line right now.